Should I Throw the Kitchen Sink In, Too?

August 18, 2011

Hey there, ladies and gents!

This time tomorrow, I’ll probably be enjoying a beer before my flight to the Healthy Living Summit at the beautiful sufficient Raleigh-Durham airport.  I’m hoping to eat something small before I get to the airport, mostly to save room for a small Wawa hoagie when Krissie from PhillyNerdGirl picks me up (you know…. if we have time.)  I did, however, manage to get through most of my crazy to-do list from yesterday (and there’s still time to weigh in on my dress selection!!)

It won’t be nearly the caliber of my lunch today, though.

Everything but the kitchen sink!

This wanna-be wrap-turned-taco really was just my way to use up all the random foods that I had in the fridge.  Last tortilla in the bag, last two slices of buffalo chicken, some spinach artichoke hummus, last pieces of muenster, last bits of tomato and bell pepper, a giant handful of spinach? Sounds like lunch to me.  I contemplated tossing in my sink, but decided I already have plenty of iron in my diet.

Also on the menu: a few carrots wrapped in that last slice of muenster (random but tasty), a bite (or five) of my Chocolate Crack: S’mores Style, leftover steamed asian veggies from lunch two or three days ago, really, I’m just trying to clear house.

My bag(s) are almost entirely packed!

Victoria's Secret bags = gift bags, free with purchase. Voila.

I’ve grabbed a few magazines for the plane ride, and I’m now adding last touches to my luggage.

• Jewelry
  • Snacks
  • A flask? Is that classless?  God, I never remember, I just know that it’s a snake-print flask from Pier 1, and I never get to use it. Maybe, like Will Smith with cigars, I’ll just bring an empty flask and try to become known as that “bad girl” at the HLS cocktail party. OR I could bring it to the NEXT LEVEL and bring it to the breakfast.  Not really. But it would be funny. (Or tacky. or both.)
  • Business cards (WHAT?! Yeah, I’m a pro like that.)

I’ll shoot you straight, I had no idea what to wear during the sessions on Saturday, so I think I tried on every possible combination of what’s in my bag.  And I still don’t know. But I’m sure the beau appreciated my fashion show.

Too much going on today, I can hardly think straight!

I’m off to rush back to work so that I can leave a little earlier and pack up the rest of my life.

What are you up to today?  Starting your weekend a little early?

If you’re in the RDU area, meet me at Rockfish in Durham for a drink from 6-7 OR at Busy Bee Cafe in Raleigh from 7:30-??

PS I almost just walked out the door still wearing my apron.  Nice.  Talk about frazzled, right?

Smooth move.

1. August 18, 2011 1:05 pm

LOVE your apron!!! And I think we can try to squeeze in a Wawa trip. Not sure which location would be most convenient? Wawa > Life. ;) In 26 hours we will be driving to Allison’s!!! PS – you know my choice for the dress.

2. August 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Have so much fun at HLS! I wish I had thought to buy a ticket. There is always next year ;)

3. August 18, 2011 4:29 pm

OMG I HAVE BUSINESS CARDS TOO! haha i thought i was the only dork that did that! just kidding we aren’t dorks! told you i love you already!!!

4. August 18, 2011 5:12 pm

I wish you would bring that flask in. You’d be the life of the party!…and then probably pass out in an hour. Have fun!

5. August 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Your apron is super cute! Haha I love that you are taking a flask…drinks can seriously get expensive!

6. August 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Yea bringing a flask shows that you are economical!! I think having it at breakfast would be hilarious

• August 19, 2011 9:26 am

Especially if I just poured almond milk out of it. NBD, guys, it’s just my flask of “silk”. You don’t have one?

7. August 18, 2011 10:08 pm

lol nice blog name. ;)
    And that wrap looks good. Hummus makes everythingggg better. I’ve even substituted it for mayo in my sandwiches/wraps. My aunt makes homemade hummus from scratch. Pretty awesome. :)

8. August 19, 2011 10:50 am

haha yeah thats one stacked taco!!!! i love all of the add ins :)

9. August 19, 2011 11:48 am

Ahh I wish I saw this last night – I would have totally met you at The Busy Bee! Next time – Blogger meet up soon?

10. August 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Seriously so jealous of everyone heading to HLS!!! I hope you have a great time!!!