Good day friends, despite my claims of how lovely this Sunday is, I’ll confess, I only have left the apartment to grab supplies for breakfast this morning. We whipped up some egg sandwiches (combo 1 full egg + 1 egg white, some REAL bacon, and some low fat cheddar on a sandwich thin.) It was divine, and it felt especially naughty to be eating real bacon. But sometimes, turkey bacon or fake-in (read: veggie bacon) won’t cut it for me.
This Six Pack Sunday is brought to you by the fine makers of UV rays (i.e. our good friend, Mr. Sunshine) and Nordstrom. My favorite things.
Without those two, my week wouldn’t have been as fantastic as it was! So here it is:
Six Pack Sunday
- Since I’ll be heading up to OCNJ again this coming weekend, I’ve started scoping out a few other things I wanted to do but simply didn’t have time to do over Independence Day weekend. One of the biggest ones that I’d like to do, and have wanted to do since I started liking seafood, was visit one of the infamous seafood spots that my mom and dad always used to go to when I was growing up. Top of the list? Smitty’s Clam Bar (I searched far and wide for a website for them, to no avail… maybe they’re keeping it old school.) I remember coming here all the time growing up, and my mom would always get the most amazing looking clam chowder and fried clams, but as lovely as they looked, the idea of seafood skeeved me out. Now… well now it’s all I want. Also on the potential list: Yesterday’s or Obadiah’s. Basically anywhere great that can serve me fishies is all I want.
- On Thursday, I had an appointment with my personal Nordstrom consultant, Amy, to preview the Anniversary Sale. It was the most amazing shopping experience of my life. She had pulled all the watches and purses that I wanted to see, and brought me through the tents of racks full of deeply discounted things. She also brought me a beverage to enjoy as I scanned the piles and hangers full of clothes.
I’ll be honest, though I saw many things I was fond of in the catalog and online, I really only truly intended to buy ONE.
The Michael Kors watch of my dreams. I had been eyeing this puppy since they came out, but when I saw the prices drop so low AND was sent a Nordstrom note for $20, the time just seemed right. My birthday isn’t until August 24th (MARK YOUR CALENDARS!), but the sale ends when July ends, and I know the catalog things go fast. My other early birthday present will be my trip to the Healthy Living Summit in Philadelphia, so if you’re going too, be sure that I’ll be celebrating early Friday and Saturday night!!
Though I only had my eyes on the watch at first, that didn’t stop me, from blowing my paycheck on a few other goodies. Woops.
- On the same note of Nordstrom, when I was going through my bag, I realized that the pair of pants that I’d bought had not been included. Either someone misplaced it, or it was set aside, but either way, it didn’t come home with me! Well, I called them back, spoke to my personal stylist, and she immediately apologized profusely and offered to drive them over to me. TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE?! Any of you who shop at Nordstrom, I am sure, are aware of their impeccable service. You may not know, though, that it’s a long standing tradition and that their old handbook used to be a single note card with only 75 words on it.Welcome to NordstromWe’re glad to have you with our Company. Our number one goal is to provide outstanding customer service. Set both your personal and professional goals high. We have great confidence in your ability to achieve them.
Nordstrom Rules: Rule #1: Use best judgment in all situations. There will be no additional rules.
Please feel free to ask your department manager, store manager, or division general manager any question at any time. – Source
Though their handbook has expanded, their basic concept of service and judgment has not changed. It’s a beautiful thing.
- Jalapeno Poppers. They’re a true love of mine, though I rarely indulge because they’re often fried, filled with gooey fatty cheese, and not something I spend my money on. HOWEVER, the ones at OnlyBurger (which used to just be a food truck, and now has established a fantastic mortar and brick storefront) were off the chain!!
They were wrapped in bacon, very fresh jalapenos, and stuffed with cheddar and (get ready, all you Southern food lovers, to have your mouths watering) PIMENTO CHEESE!! I also had a lamb slider, and the prices were so so reasonable, it was perfect. You can follow OnlyBurger on Twitter to see specials, and find out where they are bringing the truck next!! But seriously, if you hate chasing cars (i.e. if you’re not a dog…) go to the restaurant. It’s also the neighbor of my favorite froyo place… Tutti Frutti! Dinner and dessert within a few feet? You can’t beat it!
- I may have a problem… An addiction to collecting pint glasses.
It’s getting out of control. Luckily, my apartment complex did me a solid and thought of this when they offered giant bookcases in every apartment. I’m a lucky duck.
- The sunshine is my true love. I’ve been trying to make sure that I have enough of a tan to rock my bridesmaid dress for my best friend’s wedding in two weekends, which results in lots of this:
Which basically translates to I’m cranking so hard through that book!! And those UV Indexes are my second favorite reading material.
Ok, well we’re off to celebrate my beau’s father’s impromptu Vegas wedding tonight with dinner, so I guess I should probably shower.
Have a great evening, and good luck getting back into the swing of things tomorrow! Dreadful Mondays…. This is what I think of them!
Anything good coming up for you this week?