Another week, another dollar. Only it’s been a week and a day, and I’ve only spent dollars (you know, on important stuff like wine tastings and half-pints of beer). So, in truth, that phrase doesn’t apply, whatsoever.
Another 8 days, no dollars. BUT I can chalk another week off in my fitbook endeavors. I’ll be honest, this one wasn’t quite as successful as the first. Then again, when you have two days where entire daily food entries read “Didn’t eat much other than brie… but there was a lot of brie”, a one pound gain isn’t really worrisome. In fact it’s somewhat impressive.
Luckily, the half-pound of soft cow’s cheese that I inhaled over the weekend and the massive quantities of beer and chocolate from Wednesday at Big Boss did not actually translate to the gain that I feared when approaching the scale. And I’m gonna give a lot of credit to this little guy:
Looking back at my weekly wrap up, here’s a little summary:
- The Good: Worked out before my glass night on Thursday, avoided my standard fare of pickle chips with my beer buddies, burned 4,140 calories during the week (over a quarter of that was just from Monday’s INSANE workout), and despite a few minor/major bumps on the road, I never fully “gave up” on a day by succumbing to fully eating awful from start to finish
- The Bad: 2 days where “Brie” was a major food group, skipped dinner on Saturday, missed my workout on Sunday due to kind of feeling sorry for myself (I know rest days are great, but this was just laziness).
- Notes: Unless I’m like… on an epic vacation, there’s really no need for an entire day of indulgence, it’s nice to treat treats like what they are: special. Meal skipping makes me cranky and hungry and lame. My weekend eats need more structure.
- This “no soda” thing is really easy now that I’ve stopped, you know, buying soda. I think it’s one of those “out of sight, out of mind” things.
- Grapes are nature’s candy. Seriously. They’ve totally owned my sweet tooth. Gotta stop at Target to pick up more.
- I did my first official “Meatless Monday” last night and it was a SMASHING success!! More on that later.
- I love the calm post-sweat session where I just sit down in the gym and write up my workout and my daily eats in the fitbook (if you’re interested in getting one, and don’t wanna click through to the last post, here’s a link to the fitbook store!)
- I forget how amazing wearing a HRM during a workout is. Remind me to never forget that again, thanks.