Things that I would rather do than read the “May the Fourth be with you” anymore on the internet:
- Lose all my checked luggage at the airport
- Drink ONLY Pickle Back shots all night
- Lose all my DVRed TV shows/movies (like A Goofy Movie. THAT would be the worst loss.)
- Have to walk through all Drive-Thru ATMs
- Sit between two giant, hairy, smelly guys on my next flight (which is still possible, tonight… keep your fingers crossed!)
- Get 10,000 spoons when all I need is a knife
- Get caught in a windstorm wearing all black, and carrying a plate of beignets
- Have to cheer for Duke. Ever.
- Get lost in Philly and lose my GPS signal (also very possible, I get lost easily.)
- Have to spend the weekend in Sevierville, TN home of Dolly Parton… Again.
- Hmmm… That’s all I can think of right now, off-hand.
There are probably countless other options, but none that come to mind with fun illustrations to go with them.
I can’t wait for Cinco de Mayo, if only because Han Solo will take a back seat to tequila jokes and sombreros.
Do you have any least favorite holidays that aren’t actually holidays, they’re just things that people made up to sound clever?
Basically, I’m asking if you are as sick of these ridiculous tweets and status updates as I am….
Goodness, I sound bitter.
12 thoughts on “I HATE Star Wars Day”
You are not alone in this. I find it to be quite annoying as well so I’m going to avoid Twitter today and just color. Because I’m at work.
Coloring at work is never the wrong choice.
I am 100000000% with you on this. Star Wars is stupid and all of those skinny nerd boys that believe SW is the basis on which to build your life can suck it!!
Haha, tell me how you REALLY feel!!
are you wearing arm warmers in that photo at the atm? just curious 😉
also, is it ironic that the only mention i’ve heard/read/seen about M** the 4** be with Y** is on this blog? haha
For the record, that was St. Patrick’s Day one year. Random green accessories are a requirement on such a day.
Also, it is both ironic, and indicative that I have FAR nerdier friends than you do.
This is where I pretend to be offended…SCOFF.
I really hate mole day. 6.02×10^23. I hate it because explaining to my students, (the reason for, and why we have the calculation of an atom) makes my head hurt.
I wish it were mole day, but like… Mexican mole poblano sauce.
Spice those kids into silence.
Uuuuumm… A Goofy Movie is on Disney right now!
DAMMIT when I got that notification I was in my car, about 20 miles from my TV. RATS!